The Church of St. John the Baptist in Penshurst, Kent, England stands in the south west corner of Penshurst Place's Park; there are entrances directly from the park and from Penshurst Place's formal garden. The most commonly used approach is from the village, through the buildings of the small Leicester Square, named after the Sidneys of Penshurst who were Earls of Leicester from 1618-1743.
This is a photo of Janice Nye Lutz approaching the Church from the village, and a photo of the interior of the Church.
The bulging church yard contains the burials of almost eight centuries. The church yard was closed in 1857 by order of the Privy Council. Since then, parish burials have taken place at Poundsbridge Chapel, on the edge of Penshurst parish, about two miles away. Although there were Nye's buried at Penshurst it was impossible to locate and view their graves due to the erosion from weathering and time.